Random Thoughts of Epic Proportions

Random Thoughts of Epic Proportions

Saturday, June 13, 2009


Look what I found when I went to set the timer for the lights on the palm trees! Aren't they sweet? They're about 4" long and absolutely petrified. There were four of them but one was too frightened to huddle with the others.

However. The next morning I found where they'd spent the night. Obviously I'd scared them from the safety of their previous night's lodging. They'd taken up residence in my garage. Perhaps you ask: How did they get in? We've been fighting pack rats (Ah! The joys of desert living!) for years. The crafty rats have chewed off the ends of the rubber stop on the garage door and voila, in they go. They have forced us to set enormous traps to catch them. And trust me, I do not worry about removing them to safer havens. I have reached the point of being happy to toss their dead bodies into the trash or out for the coyotes. Pack rats are destructive and nasty. They love to eat wiring on cars and haul in all kinds of things to decorate their nests. The fact that they make nests is also an indication that babies are in the near future which only means more destruction and mess. Hence the annihilation of any who dare to cross into my garage.

So the bunnies, being smaller than the rats, probably went in four abreast and proceeded to conduct maneuvers throughout the night. Or perhaps they were just so excited to be indoors and safe, they couldn't control themselves. Whatever the reason, I awoke to tons of bunny poo and urine; this necessitated taking everything out of the garage, shop vacuuming and then washing it. I was not pleased. I left lights on last night as a warning that this probably was not where they wanted to be. If they don't take the hint, more drastic action will be called for. I cannot continue to clean the garage on a daily basis, for goodness sakes. I am toying with the idea of posting pictures at bunny eye-level, showing dead rats. You know, with the crosses over their eyes. Just as a warning.

No comments:

Post a Comment